What's new

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I was at Best Buy today and saw they had several steel book sets left. I scrutinized all of them (perhaps 7 sets) and found one that had seemingly undamaged steel books. Though the outer box of all of them were VERY bad. But the steel boxes themselves looked good on the one I bought. Most of them had very visible damage.

When I got them home and opened it up, there was a SLIGHT scratch on the front of the steel book of the first movie, but it’s easy enough to ignore. I wish they made them more durable, as I like the idea of them but they are just so prone to damage. But I’m glad I got these, as it was a particularly cool idea to have them all line up. One of my favorite trilogies.
First Laser Rot and now ...

Steelbook Rust - 💩

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There definitely seems to have been an issue with this specific release. As I noted around the time of its release, this is the only time I got so frustrated with trying to find a decent steelbook that I gave up and bought the regular release instead. It was just too hard trying to find a copy that didn't have a scratch on at least one of the steelbook spines. I wish more care had been taken in the manufacturing.

If I had been able to open up all of the copies that I looked at and take one steelbook from each, I could've made myself a clean copy in total. But obviously the way it was released I had to take the three that were bundled together or none at all, and the latter is what I did.

As for steelbook rot, I've never noticed that myself, although I only have a small collection of them.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
1611370208661.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jls
Recent bookmarks