What's new

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
1659142774535.png

Amazing that Disney forgot to trademark "Roy", given at least two Disney family members and executives had that name.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
i've seen it,it was bad,i liked those beach movies from the 60's,oh they were great,but back to the beach was so bad,you'll be embarrased watching it,it's one of those 80's guilty pleasures,and this movie is no exception.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
i've seen it,it was bad,i liked those beach movies from the 60's,oh they were great,but back to the beach was so bad,you'll be embarrased watching it,it's one of those 80's guilty pleasures,and this movie is no exception.
Agreed. Citerion should do a boxed set of the originals. Add an Elvis set too.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
What was 'creepy' about Roy? Unless you're privy to some information no one else is I think another adjective might be more charitable.
Sorry, I only saw TMMC in reruns (as I hadn't been been borned yet when it was on first-run TV). The first time it aired on the 70s in syndication, I missed the opening cast introductions and assumed Roy was Uncle Fester
1659335971237.png
from the Addams Family. All of whom were Creepy, Kooky, or altogether Ooky ... Irregardless all was in Jest ...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Thank you for this. I was a little worried that we would not get it after the moderators were forced to close the controversial "While we wait for 'A few words about ... ™ Back to the Beach on Blu-ray'" thread a few months ago due to the cineastes all fighting about whether certain sequences were shot on Eastmancolor 5295 or 5297. :)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Thank you for this. I was a little worried that we would not get it after the moderators were forced to close the controversial "While we wait for 'A few words about ... ™ Back to the Beach on Blu-ray'" thread a few months ago due to the cineastes all fighting about whether certain sequences were shot on Eastmancolor 5295 or 5297. :)
The Mods insist that references to various Eastman stocks be correct. They allow aspect ratios to slide a bit, but stocks…

ABritch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Britch
I thought BACK TO THE BEACH was nominated for five Oscars, not four. In addition to the usual categories, there was also excellence in surf wrangling.

Btw, Frankie Avalon's performance was definitely echt Noir, especially when he smiled and showed his capped teeth.
For the life of me i can't find any Academy Award nominations for Back To The Beach. Am I missing something?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
For the life of me i can't find any Academy Award nominations for Back To The Beach. Am I missing something?
I'm referring to the last line of Mr. Harris' "few words':

Tremendously entertaining - nominated for four Academy Awards, Back to the Beach is one of those treasures that one will want to pass down from generation to generation, warranting that special spot in the Paramount Presents pantheon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks