What's new

roxy1927

Screenwriter
Real Name
vincent parisi
With the 4k of My Fair Lady it's the closest I've seen to the original Super Panavision 70 print I saw in the back 70s. It practically glows like stained glass. But it might take a bit of getting used to. Sometimes you feel as if you are seeing things you were not meant to see.

noel aguirre

Premium
Real Name
noel
*I Know, I know - Oliver! is also undeniably a classic.... but c'mon - Stripes?

Personally, I'm happy for ANY catalog film that gets a 4K disc release, particularly from Sony. Even Stripes, which IMO is still a funny as hell movie. And I'm even more excited that you can buy this set for around $100 and get all six titles in 4K for $20 or less each, and in a beautiful package to boot. Sometimes I just don't understand the "film snobbery." ;)

Stripes was shot by Bill Butler, who also shot Grease, Jaws, and lots of other films. A fine journeyman DOP. Stripes may be unremarkable, but it's not ugly, and its vintage would benefit from the HDR.
My set just arrived from the Amazon sale and the first thing I thought was - Will I ever even watch this Stripes? But I will cause it has PJ Soles and Sean Young- 2 favs. :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
No because I have a 4K Triluminous display.
Luv 4K- just not a fan of the applied Lipstick.
The real world and film don’t necessarily have colours looking like they’re backlit by a neon light source unless it’s commercial signage. I wish disks had an option to turn that crap off rather than the machines or make it an option in the menus- problem solved.

What kind of 4K display are you using? IF not FP, maybe switching to that would suit you better (for taming all the "backlit by neon light source" attribute)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucrin
Recent bookmarks