What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ An Officer and a Gentleman -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Taylor Hackford's An Officer and a Gentleman, which is unbelievably thirty years old, is a terrifically entertaining film that very nicely stands the test of time.

The new WB release of the Paramount production, as mastered by Paramount, is as film-like as it needs to be for a Blu-ray.

Wonderfully detailed image, and far more easily, superb audio in DTS-MA HD.

An easy one.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

With no handicap.  Just a great Blu-ray presentation.

Highly Recommended

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
After viewing this BD in its entirety, I found myself agreeing with RAH's opinion after all. By the way, a very good film with an interesting commentary from Hackford.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I remember absolutely loving this film back in the day. But who didn't? It was iconic in so many ways. Having not seen it for a couple of decades, I admit to having wondered if it would now stand the test of time. Sounds like i should quit wondering, and enjoy.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Happy to hear it, RAH. This is a crowd-pleaser that I think transcends the "chick flick" label and in the 30 years since its release is admirably realistic and even a little gritty in a way that it most definitely wouldn't be were it made for the same demographic today.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It has been years since I watched this, but I'll be darned if each time I watch it I like it more. Fantastic film, and like RAH states a great presentation on Blu-Ray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerkyboyz2jerkymen