What's new

noel aguirre

Premium
Real Name
noel
Thank you RAH for enlightening us once again to a film I would have generally passed on. Preordered as I am up for all things Dickens especially after viewing A Christmas Carol 1951 last month and a fan of the Lean Oliver Twist.
I love HTF!

Todd Mattraw

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Just received, this week, my copy of "A Tale of Two Cities" blu-ray through Amazon, and I've immediately noticed what appears to be a digital anomaly, right past the 3 minute mark of the film (when the coachman hears the approaching hoofbeats) --- Tom, the coachman says "Aye, Joe" and Joe replies back, and both shots look wrong, the first shot seems sped up for a second and the shot of Joe "skips", he seems to turn his head twice when it should be once --- anyone else seeing this? Could be mistaken for missing frames but it doesn't look like that to me, it looks digital.

I initially played the disc in my OPPO 203, tried it in my OPPO 83, saw the same thing. I then tried the old DVD, and there's no problem at that point in the old transfer and no missing frames. Really disappointed at the possibility that I may have to return this, but even more disappointed if it's not a flaw in my specific disc but a flaw in the new transfer. Does this happen to anyone else's disc?

Todd Mattraw

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Just received, this week, my copy of "A Tale of Two Cities" blu-ray through Amazon, and I've immediately noticed what appears to be a digital anomaly, right past the 3 minute mark of the film (when the coachman hears the approaching hoofbeats) --- Tom, the coachman says "Aye, Joe" and Joe replies back, and both shots look wrong, the first shot seems sped up for a second and the shot of Joe "skips", he seems to turn his head twice when it should be once --- anyone else seeing this? Could be mistaken for missing frames but it doesn't look like that to me, it looks digital.

I initially played the disc in my OPPO 203, tried it in my OPPO 83, saw the same thing. I then tried the old DVD, and there's no problem at that point in the old transfer and no missing frames. Really disappointed at the possibility that I may have to return this, but even more disappointed if it's not a flaw in my specific disc but a flaw in the new transfer. Does this happen to anyone else's disc?
I took a look at the opening sample uploaded by WAC to YouTube, and the same glitch is there, so it appears to be a problem with the transfer and not a defective disc --- if I saved this correctly, it's at this moment:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikWRX