What's new

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Nice one Kent!!
I went to one of those live symphony concerts where they score a movie live for Pirates of the Caribbean and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I would have MAD respect for anyone that tackled a Morricone-scored western that way. My personal favorite of his is Death Rides a Horse, but I would certainly take either Dollars movie, too.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Could someone tell me if the included Blu-ray is identical to the one in the previous Kino release?

Was this ever confirmed for these 2 new 4K titles?

I keep looking and can't seem to find a clean answer

The description "-Over 24 Hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading of the logarithmic restored 4K files provided by L’Immagine Ritrovata" and "The Complete Restored Edit of FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE with Extensive Shot-by-Shot Color Grading " vs the last discs description "-Brand New 4K Restoration" seems to suggest Kino tweaked something, but if they did was it anything significant

Last edited:

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Got 4K Touch of Evil from Your_treasurehunter for $16.25 + shipping, ordered on 5/16 and it arrived on 5/19. I was suspicious as well, as I've heard tales of bad actors ripping off retailers and selling their wares on amazon for major discounts. In this case, their merchant page seems to almost exclusively be made up of Kino-affiliated labels (735 products listed). Lots of good prices, so hopefully they're on the up-and-up: https://www.amazon.com/s?i=merchant-items&me=AJXWTYZ9LKL6T
I picked up Gambit for $11.99 from this seller a few weeks ago. Fast ship. Perfect product.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Alright, as long as we're going down that road. . . I mean, it's vaguely on topic, right?

Nervous Clint Eastwood GIF by GritTV
Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd be very hesitant about judging black levels based on a few compressed JPEG screenshots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks