What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - A Connecticut Yankee at King Arthur's Court -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Okay so there's two. And both DeMille pictures.
Yes --- of course The Ten Commandments The Court Jester but probably not three strip wish we knew if the negs exist on Yankee?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
It's just that you usually hear about Warner going back to YCM elements for Technicolor titles (like Ivanhoe, Wizard of Oz, etc) and Silver Salt went back to YCM for the 4K of the 1955 Ladykillers for Studio Canal, but I can't recall any Paramount titles publicizing a YCM workflow.
Any films made 1950-52 in Technicolor from Paramount might have been restored off negs like When Worlds Collide for example

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Any films made 1950-52 in Technicolor from Paramount might have been restored off negs like When Worlds Collide for example
Hope Yankee does sell maybe more classics from Universal!

Chuck_Kahn

Stunt Coordinator
That title Fancy Pants is from 1950 so it would be Paramount the 1949 and earlier are with Universal I think a lot of 1950's Paramounts have gone back to OCN's whatever three strip or when they introduced single negatives
Oh right Connecticut Yankee is Universal because 1949. So does Universal have any YCM element release history? Because as I said below, based on publicity for releases, I usually associate Warner with YCM restorations and wondered whether the other studios were following suit and if the lack of YCM restoration for Connecticut Yankee by Universal indicated a lack of interest for the YCM approach.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Oh right Connecticut Yankee is Universal because 1949. So does Universal have any YCM element release history? Because as I said below, based on publicity for releases, I usually associate Warner with YCM restorations and wondered whether the other studios were following suit and if the lack of YCM restoration for Connecticut Yankee by Universal indicated a lack of interest for the YCM approach.
Not the right thread for this but I will answer please forgive me MOD people have been excited 1943s Phantom Of The Opera is the first to go to three strips to restore!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I’ve always loved this film, also, very cheerful, colorful, catchy tunes - what’s not to like? I’d have thought it was Rhonda Fleming who brought out the best in Technicolor, but I’ll take the DP’s word about the versatile William Bendix. Having gotten used to his friendly persona here and on his Life of Riley series, I was admiring when he made such an impression playing the heavy as in The Glass Key (1942), which I did not catch up with until much later. All the supporting cast here in fact strike just the right tone, and it’s to my mind one of Crosby’s most enjoyable films.
Agreed, and I'm thrilled to see this in stock. I think Technocolor was made for Redheads...Rhonda Fleming and the Magnificent Maureen OHara...In Quite Men, with here running down that green grassy hill, with her hair in the breeze....thank you technocolor!!
I think Marilyn Monroe took here voice from Rhonda Fleming character, the princess, LOL!!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Agreed, and I'm thrilled to see this in stock. I think Technocolor was made for Redheads...Rhonda Fleming and the Magnificent Maureen OHara...In Quite Men, with here running down that green grassy hill, with her hair in the breeze....thank you technocolor!!
I think Marilyn Monroe took here voice from Rhonda Fleming character, the princess, LOL!!!
Got to meet Ms O'Hara and spend time with her at Macys! What a lady! Rhonda Fleming career though faded fast

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It's just that you usually hear about Warner going back to YCM elements for Technicolor titles (like Ivanhoe, Wizard of Oz, etc) and Silver Salt went back to YCM for the 4K of the 1955 Ladykillers for Studio Canal, but I can't recall any Paramount titles publicizing a YCM workflow.
War of the Worlds?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Amazing they can still get prints off of 68 year old Eastman White Christmas is Stunning!
I believe with VV there's more "there" there which why ILM used VV to shoot a lot of spfx

1665647130498.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks