What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ 2001: a space odyssey -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I never saw 2001 at the Wang (I loved that place in my Boston years) but I did catch their annual It’s A Wonderful Life 35mm screening quite a few times. Even in the years they got poor prints (it wasn’t the same year to year), it was still a wonderful experience being surrounded by so many like minded people sharing something so special.

Would’ve loved seeing 2001 there back in the day!

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
I never saw 2001 at the Wang (I loved that place in my Boston years) but I did catch their annual It’s A Wonderful Life 35mm screening quite a few times. Even in the years they got poor prints (it wasn’t the same year to year), it was still a wonderful experience being surrounded by so many like minded people sharing something so special.

Would’ve loved seeing 2001 there back in the day!
The Brattle in Cambridge runs It's A Wonderful Life for a weekend every December in 35mm. I saw one of those 2001 prints that was made for the 2001-2002 reissue at the Coolidge Corner. Pristine condition and expert presentation. My girlfriend, who had never seen it, joined me for the showing. About 8 minutes into the Dawn Of Man sequence, she leaned toward me and whispered: "There ARE going to be people in this, right?"

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Funny. I've spent most of my life in the Boston area, and I've never seen a movie at the Wang Center. Stage productions, yes, going back to when it was still called The Music Hall, but no movies. Somewhat the same with the Somerville Theatre: saw a number of music shows there, but only one or two movies. Davis Square always seemed like too much of a zoo to navigate through, so I tended to avoid going there.

Now Coolidge Corner and the Brattle...those are a different story. The Brattle seemed, for a time, to be my home away from home.

I really miss those places. I'm only up in Concord, NH, but I've become too lazy to make the effort to go back down to the Boston area on a regular basis.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Quick question: I had jotted down in my notes (scrap of paper, really) that a new 4k steelbook of 2001 was coming Jan. 6, 2023. Did I get that wrong? I find nothing.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Quick question: I had jotted down in my notes (scrap of paper, really) that a new 4k steelbook of 2001 was coming Jan. 6, 2023. Did I get that wrong? I find nothing.

There's a new SteelBook release of it in Hong Kong on that date. That might be what you're thinking of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks