What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... The Wizard of Oz (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I do know that the dress was a darker color in real life and that the blouse was washed in an ochre tint because the white would be shockingly so in Technicolor. Of course, actual colors and colors represented in early Technicolor are two different beasts (or a horse of a different color, if you will!)

Can anyone comment on the geometry discrepancies most notable in the DVD Beaver screengrabs?

The notes concede that it is not noticeable in normal viewing (i.e., when not doing a direct comparison), but which DVD image has the correct proportions?

Lidenbrock

Agent
Real Name
Albert GC

Yes, I´ve seen images of one of the six identical dresses used for the movie,which was sold at auction this year.At first sight, I thought it was grey

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Since I could not wait for the 3 disc edition and was able to get the 2 disc earlier - they sold out of the 3 disc - I wonder, is anyone contemplating buying both editions? I just might as I've decided that the extra disc plus the printed material will make it worthwhile. Besides, with two distinct covers it will be kind of nice to have each in my collection. Am I nuts?

Anthony D

Grip

I thought I was the only one (outside of OZ-maniacs of course!) that had this film in every format! I think I ended up with so many formats because it was one of the few films that I'd buy with those Columbia House intro packages (for the VHS club, LD club, etc)!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks