1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about... The Wizard of Oz

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robert Harris, Oct 6, 2005.

1. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I do know that the dress was a darker color in real life and that the blouse was washed in an ochre tint because the white would be shockingly so in Technicolor. Of course, actual colors and colors represented in early Technicolor are two different beasts (or a horse of a different color, if you will!)

2. Bjorn Thoresen

Can anyone comment on the geometry discrepancies most notable in the DVD Beaver screengrabs?

The notes concede that it is not noticeable in normal viewing (i.e., when not doing a direct comparison), but which DVD image has the correct proportions?

3. Lidenbrock

Lidenbrock Agent

Albert GC

Yes, I´ve seen images of one of the six identical dresses used for the movie,which was sold at auction this year.At first sight, I thought it was grey

4. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Since I could not wait for the 3 disc edition and was able to get the 2 disc earlier - they sold out of the 3 disc - I wonder, is anyone contemplating buying both editions? I just might as I've decided that the extra disc plus the printed material will make it worthwhile. Besides, with two distinct covers it will be kind of nice to have each in my collection. Am I nuts?

5. Anthony D

Anthony D Extra

I thought I was the only one (outside of OZ-maniacs of course!) that had this film in every format! I think I ended up with so many formats because it was one of the few films that I'd buy with those Columbia House intro packages (for the VHS club, LD club, etc)!!