What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... The "Spider Pit" (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

...which leads me back to my point that not everyone knows that there is no film titled "The Spider Pit".:laugh:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm curious. Did PJ do this recreation of the spider pit on his own nickel because he is such a KK fan? This had to cost more than a few bucks and seems far beyond what any studio would be willing to do for a reissue of an old movie.

Which also brings to mind that it seems to me I read somehwere they couldn't get any footage of the original to use in the extras for PJ's DVD of his movie. I remember seeing in the extra about Skull Island on PJ's KK, the comment that original footage of the island had been lost and the footage used was a recreation.

That "Natural History of Skull Island" would have been a great spot for a few feet of film from the original. If PJ went to such lenghts to contribute to the DVD of the original, you'd think they could have cut him some slack for his DVD.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well, if PJ did the spider pit recreation out of his own pocket and enthusiasm, and in an effort to build up good will with him (never know when that might come in handy), you would think they would.

However, I'm still wondering how the recreation was funded.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Originally posted by Tino:
Just a suggestion, but perhaps adding "from King Kong" to the thread title may steer more people to this thread as some may think you're talking about a film called "The Spider Pit".

As well as a mention of whether we're talking about bonus features found on the 1930s original or the 2005 remake; I know which one, but the numerous mentions of Peter Jackson may confuse the uninitiated and lead to faulty purchases.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor

What are you talking about? They make deals with each other all the time. They accomodate each other all the time. It's in their best interests to be competitive, but not compete too hard -- if you know what I mean.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
From watching that doc on the original Kong DVD, I got the impression that Jackson funded the whole schmeer.

Doug

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I kinda thought that too, just based on his enthusiasm for the project. Its also hard to imagine a studio footing the bill for it.

Do you think it cost $100K to do it?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Peter is rolling in cash-he probably funded this from change that fell out of his pockets while his pants were in the dryer.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
But since Jackson has lost so much weight, maybe his pants weren't big enough anymore to hold enough change to fund the spider pit sequence!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks