A Few Words About A few words about... The Sci-Fi Boys

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robert Harris, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    I don't often spend time viewing little documentary releases.

My all time favorite is still a tiny film titled Forgotten Silver, directed by someone from New Zealand, as I recall.

But a DVD just came across my desk, and being a devoted fan of both the sci-fi as well as the classic horror genres, I felt an immediate need to pop it into the DVD drive of my computer.

I'm very glad that I did.

With distribution through Universal, and exclusive sales via Best Buy until fall, The Sci-Fi Boys is a love poem to the effects of horror and sci-fi films, their makers and their roots.

With interviews galore, and using Forrest Ackerman and his Famous Monsters of Filmland as its centerpiece, The Sci-Fi Boys takes you on a joyride through the history of the films we love, backed by interviews with the top people in the business.

A documentary produced with consummate skill and respect for its subject, The Sci-Fi Boys brings together the clips, the history and the people behind the genres. This DVD is required viewing for anyone who loves the sci-fi and horror genres.

The film, which will be screened at the Tribecca Film Festival on 4/27, 5/5 and 5/7, is otherwise priced at $15.99 only from Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1525166

and comes...

Very Highly Recommended.

RAH

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Hmmm. Looks very interesting indeed! Thanks for pointing this out.

Now I have to decide whether or not to establish an account with Best Buy (the only solution for me), I envie those who can just step into a BB shop to buy this one. It's a bit sad other retailers don't carry this title.

Cees

3. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Does this cover the Universal horror/sci-fi titles or does it go deeper than that? It's been rumored that Universal would release a Sci-Fi Collection this fall so perhaps this is being used to get people ready for that.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.

4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Does this cover the Universal horror/sci-fi titles or does it go deeper than that? It's been rumored that Universal would release a Sci-Fi Collection this fall so perhaps this is being used to get people ready for that.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.