What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... The Day After Tomorrow (2 Viewers)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Me too, I was going to wait for the SE (I'm a bit of an Art Bell fan, but don't take it all too seriously...). Broke down after RAH's rec, and then seeing the pretty cover in the store! But then I saw it was from the "director" of ID, and almost changed my mind again. Everybody has their limits, and ID is past mine.

[I noticed TDAT is available paired with some other not bad discs, for a few bucks more...a good deal if you don't have the other paired disc. This seems to be a new trend, pairing a brand new release with an older one, The Italian Job was the first that comes to mind, though that pairing was obvious and was more than a few bucks extra. I got Mean Girls paired, and now TDAT.]

Edit: Well, I'm confused! My Canadian edition slipcover says WS, but the disc package says FS on the back in the grid, and WS on the front top...WTF...anybody else figure this out?

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ lol, same here. I guess they're really noobs when it comes to bilingual covers :D

At least it says widescreen on the disc itself.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to hearing this soundtrack in DTS.
Widescreen Review gave it their top billing of 5+ ! :emoji_thumbsup:

Hope yall will post your thoughts on it's soundtrack.

Later!
Troy

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watched it twice today and thought it looked great and sounded fantastic.

The dts track was excellent, a bit better than the DD track, which is also very good.

It's a fun film, better than others of it's ilk.:emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator
Has there been an "official" announcement about the SE for this? Aside from the wolves which I found to be very fake and 'out of place'
I really liked this movie. If I have to wait forever for the SE, I guess I might get this one.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I enjoyed day after tomorrow more so then ID4. I much more fun movie then say the mummy or van hesling..

JACOB

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Missed this in theaters as well. Aim arrows here too. :D Guess I'll rent it first, but the audio could be a keeper according to what I've read.

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
I must say I agree with the poster who called this insipid. I hated virtually every minute of it. Awful script, okay performances, and by-the-numbers direction and CGI equals a film which held no interest for me whatsoever.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I have to say I had no intentions of seeing this during its theatrical run. To me, it looked like just another silly, tricked out CGI-fest with no soul.

A group of us went to see FAHRENHEIT 9/11 during its opening week, however, and couldn't get in, so we saw DAY AFTER TOMORROW instead (it was starting soon). I don't know whether or not it was my low expectations, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and thought it was a very fun ride. Not sure if I loved it enough to pick up the dvd, but I'm glad people are happy with it.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Great effects and cgi, awesome dts track and good acting. About the only complaint I found was the picture seemed a bit soft and lacked fine details. Other then that, a nice A/V presentation.

Looking forward to watching it again tonight. A worthy purchase if you love disaster films.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I had high expectations for this one, and the look of it was astonishingly believable, the opening GCI shot must have cost a fortune, and serving or rather supporting the images and performances was the glorious six-track Dolby Stereo Digital, soundtrack, which as weight and mass to turn the home cinema upside down!

25Hz pounding low end, hitting you with a jolt, that knocks you back in the seat, and plays while in home cinema via professional JBL 4645 sub bass, the rest of the array is JBL control 5’s compact and sheer dynamic delivery of the sound in a small room.

Top choice is this film.

Sound 10/10

Picture 10/10

Overall 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks