What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... Mr. Arkadin (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hi jon,

i read about that event, i was gonna go but didn't have time. it sounded like an awesome time! =).

BTW what's the diff. between this new arkadin vs. the older copy i have? i've yet to watch my entire welles collection since i haven't gotten to that part of my list yet.

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
I first saw this wonderful movie in San Francisco at the Secret Cinema, a wonderful movie theatre in a loft, back in 1970....and I was always struck by the set piece interviews of Michael Redgrave, Katina Paxitou, and the beautiful Suzanne Flon.

Yes, the movie was always a bit of a mess, but it's also extremely watchable.

I love this film and have had to suffer with the Laserlight for years. I now own the Criterion and it's one of the best things they have ever done. 3 DVD's, tons of extras and a paperback of the novel for $40.00! Wow Wow Wow

I can't imagine any fan of black and white cinema wouldn't love owning this.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I'm surpised that no one (Listen up, Criterion, has brought out BLACK MAGIC (1949) on dvd. Welles stars as Cagliostro and co-directed (uncredited) with Gregory Ratoff. Welles' florid fingerprints were all over this one and I'd love to see a video representation. Co-stars Akim Tameroff, Valentina Cortesa, Nancy Guild, Frank Latimore, and Raymond Burr as Alexander Dumas!

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
There is a French Blu-ray release which came out in 2015 which i have and it has a nice print of the film.

1602860257678.png

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Came across this new German Blu-ray release of Mr. Arkadin by NSM Records. It has three cuts of the film and is region B. According to Amazon Germany the extras are: Audio commentary with Dr. Rolf Giesen and Dr. Gerd Naumann; Original trailer (recut); Confidential Report (98min; German or English with optional; Corinth Version (100min; English with optional English or German subtitles); Comprehensive Version (105min; English with optional English or German subtitles). You can currently buy it on Amazon or Ebay. I have the French Blu-ray so will wait for some reviews on this new release.

1614289084920.png
1614289098591.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks