What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... Goodfellas -- In High Definition (1 Viewer)

urbo73

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan Campo

Go watch and judge for yourself and see if it bothers you. Most don't run with 0 overscan on their displays. Why does it matter how many years it took? I made the observation the minute the film started. Am I enjoying it any less? Not at all. It's just an observation and a fact. I can measure how wide it's on my 72" when I get home, but I already said it's about 1/4" on each side on my small 32" set. So it is obvious and just plain weird, that's all.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Weird. That does not describe the disc I own. My Sanyo Z4 projector is set to 0 overscan. I also checked my 32" monitor and it seemed fine, though overscan is present on this TV.

Are you sure there's not something happening with your setup or various equipment settings that may be creating this?

urbo73

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan Campo

I did check (even though they are both completely separate systems) my two setups with the Joe Kane and Spears/Munsil patterns for overscan, and they are as precise as possible for 0 overscan. All other settings (grayscale, CMS, etc. have been professionally calibrated and wouldn't matter in this case). The display is a Samsung 32" LCD and the other a Samsung DLP front projector. Both anally precise
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Truth be told, if this is a soft matte and it's opened up more, then I'm fine with it, but if it's not, then it sucks. Plus even in pitch black, it just plain looks weird!

I may rent this disc to see if it's the disc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks