1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Zombie -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    When Blue Underground's Bill Lustig decides to do a special edition, nothing stands in his way, and Lucio Fulci's 1979 Zombie, is the perfect example.

A new 4k scan of the OCN, which is beautiful, a disc and a half of extras, some from the older edition and some new, and a CD of the score.

While Mr. Fulci's work isn't my cup of tea, one must respect the work that has gone into the creation of this package.

Fans of Mr. Fulci's work, and Italian horror are going to love this release.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HA MA 7.1, as well as 1.0)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from DVD - Absolutely!

Recommended for fans of the genre

RAH

2. Message #2 of 3 Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Vincent_P

Vincent_P Cinematographer

Not just an upgrade from DVD, it's a pretty huge upgrade from the earlier Blu-ray edition that Blue Underground released in 2011, as well. It's a gorgeous release.

Vincent

TravisR likes this.
  3. Paul Thrussell

Paul Thrussell
    From what I've heard, Lustig was told that the transfer he received for his last BD (there's three now, I think?) was from the neg and was pretty choked to find out they had lied and supplied one from an IP, and then they turned around not long after and let Arrow access the OCN (perhaps due to James White's influence) for a release that was a fair bit better looking than the contemporaneous BU one. I'd imagine it's a matter of great pride to now finally have the definitive release.