What's new

diverdave

Grip
Real Name
David Hale
Hopefully, this bodes well for the arrivals of "Dances with Wolves", "JFK", "The Untouchables", "Open Range" and "Wyatt Earp" within this format, as well.

It would be great if a Wyatt Earp 4K could include the director's cut at least on a blu-ray! I have the laser disc version. :)

I have the Arrow Blu-ray release which is presumably based on this same 4K scan and looks great. I'd pick up the UHD, except that I much, much prefer the extended cut and don't really see myself ever watching the theatrical cut again. The extended version really is a huge improvement in this case.

Vincent

I actually have the opposite opinion. The extended cut does answer some questions, but nothing of real importance. I have great admiration for the editor that took the initial cut of this movie and cut it down to a pretty decent action-adventure movie for its theatrical release. The extended cut just has too many places where it runs out of gas for my taste.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Could someone please tell me the difference between the Ulysses Cut and the Extended/Director's Cut?

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Could someone please tell me the difference between the Ulysses Cut and the Extended/Director's Cut?
Basically, the "Ulysses Cut" is a fan-created extended cut, based on the TV-version of the film (a crowdsourced cut of the film – fans used torrent sites to piece it all together), but without censorship ( a bit of nudity, swearing).

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Basically, the "Ulysses Cut" is a fan-created extended cut, based on the TV-version of the film (a crowdsourced cut of the film – fans used torrent sites to piece it all together), but without censorship ( a bit of nudity, swearing).
Thanks so much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks