What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Warner Bros. Home Video & The WB Archive Collection -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Paul Rossen said:
OAR of ToddAO is 2.21 while Cinerama and later Ultra Panavision 70 were 2.76:1. Actually I think Cinerama is closer to 3.0:1.
3-panel Cinerama was 2.6 not 3.0.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
RolandL said:
3-panel Cinerama was 2.6 not 3.0.
That's true but How The West Was Won is 2.89:1 on blu ray and gives us info never meant to be originally seen at the cinema.

So when are we getting Scaramouche, a proper 3 strip technicolor ultra resolution aligned version, c'mon Warner. :)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
FoxyMulder said:
That's true but How The West Was Won is 2.89:1 on blu ray and gives us info never meant to be originally seen at the cinema.

So when are we getting Scaramouche, a proper 3 strip technicolor ultra resolution aligned version, c'mon Warner. :)
Scaramouche is one I'd dearly love, but it must be said that the Warner DVD looks really good. I wonder if we'll get any box sets next year. A lot of Humphrey Bogart's films came as box sets, as the individual films probably weren't strong enough to sell on their own, even in the glory days of DVD (the same for Errol Flynn).

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
Robert Crawford said:
Nah, I think it's coming first quarter of next year.
Chisum, Badlands, Bird and few other WB films were all slated for a blu-ray release in France last October. They were all delayed indefinitely. The same thing could happen to The Big Sleep.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Didier R said:
Not necessarily. The French listing could be inaccurate.
It could be, but it looks completely halal. Often, the 'placeholder' entries have incorrect information, or none at all. The page looks like information given by Warners.

I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

Didier R said:
Chisum, Badlands, Bird and few other WB films were all slated for a blu-ray release in France last October. They were all delayed indefinitely. The same thing could happen to The Big Sleep.
Oi! Stop making me nervous! :P

Steve W

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Didier R said:
Then we'll see........

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Robert Crawford said:
Looks like The Big Sleep is up for preorder on Amazon's French site in January which means it will be release here during the same time period. I think there will be a box set with Bogart/Bacall titles.
That would be great! Fingers crossed!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im holding off on anything overseas from Warner since 2015 looks to be promising. Ive waited this long for the Big Sleep, High Sierra etc

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Over on the DVD forum, there's a press release regarding some box sets (Cary Grant, Bogey/Bacall) coming from WHV in December.....http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/333421-whv-press-release-three-new-greatest-classic-film-collections-for-12214/

Should I read this as a positive development for a BD release of at least some of these films in the near future......or is a new DVD release an ominous sign for possible BD's?

Personally, the Grant set and the Bogey/Bacall set would be Day 1 purchases if they were on BD, not so much on DVD.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
You have to believe that these are pre-cursors to Blu-ray Disc sets, especially considering the opening post of this thread.

Steve W

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Didier R said:
We need an 'unlike' button to cope with postings like this. Not that I'm not 'liking' Didier, but how awful if 'The Big Sleep' is pulled from its apparent schedule!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
As I mentioned earlier, Warner Bros is releasing Reflections in a Golden Eye in France in October. Below is the cover art. I can't believe they referred to Elizabeth as "Liz Taylor" on the cover. And she had billing over Brando in the film, which this doesn't reflect. But I'm glad it's coming to Blu-ray, and I've already pre-ordered it.

reflections.jpg

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Andrew Budgell said:
As I mentioned earlier, Warner Bros is releasing Reflections in a Golden Eye in France in October. Below is the cover art. I can't believe they referred to Elizabeth as "Liz Taylor" on the cover. And she had billing over Brando in the film, which this doesn't reflect. But I'm glad it's coming to Blu-ray, and I've already pre-ordered it.

attachicon.gif
reflections.jpg
Both stars with misspelled names: Brando, not Brandon!

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
Andrew Budgell said:

attachicon.gif
reflections.jpg
Hmm...Marlon BraNdon

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Taylor hated being called 'Liz'; and I doubt Marlon would be thrilled with being called 'Brandon'. If I didn't know any better I'd think this title was being churned out by some "el cheapo" company, and not Warners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks