What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Wagon Master - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
New from Warner Archive, and another Blu-ray toward getting closer - we'll never get there - to having a compleat collection of John Ford films, Wagon Master is a gorgeous black & white production, as seen through the lens of Bert Glennon.

RKOs can be iffy, but this one is a beautiful representation of the film, with rich blacks, and a full gray scale. Clean and purty.

Finally, Ward Bond, although sharing top credit with Ben Johnson, Joanne Dru and Harry Carey, Jr., get a decent share of the limelight.

Image – 4.5

Audio – 4.5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from DVD – Absolutely

Recommended

RAH

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Alas, so many Ford films remain MIA, some lost to time, others to poor elements. Would that we could get a BD of Cheyenne Autumn from the 70mm original elements! Or The Informer, or...
But this one is another great film, so we must be grateful.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm so glad this is a substantial upgrade from the DVD which I watched the other day . . . . and plan to get rid of.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I watched my Blu-ray yesterday and I'm happy with the audio and video presentations of this RKO film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

If you're going to drag in quotes from another thread, it would help if you provided the whole of it so everyone can see the proper context and gain a balanced perspective.

I am happy to upgrade from the Wagon Master DVD because it's not particularly good, not because it's standard definition. I watch DVDs as often as I watch Blu-ray discs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks