What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Total Recall -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm not tuned in to the look of Total Recall, so I can only reference what I'm seeing.

Resolution and grain seem comfortable, while color and saturation seem odd in almost every sequence. Flesh tones vary, and are generally either awkward or off.

I'm led to believe that this is director approved, so well,

so be it.

Restoration demonstration is one of the funniest things I've seen on a Blu-ray. Rather like showing a sow's ear being turned into a hopsack purse.

Image - 2 - 3

Audio - 4

RAH

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I agree. The transfer seems to be a bit all over the place. Oh well for $5 it's fine.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
10/10 for the UK steelbook packaging from me its really nice but I agree on the image its really lacking & little difference from the HD-DVD apart from some grain removal & other cleanup work. I may even do a few screengrabs one day to show how little difference there is between the 2 its a letdown for sure but the steelbook sure looks nice on the shelf though!

Cinemark

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Robert Harris said:
I'm not tuned in to the look of Total Recall, so I can only reference what I'm seeing.
Resolution and grain seem comfortable, while color and saturation seem odd in almost every sequence.  Flesh tones vary, and are generally either awkward or off.
I'm led to believe that this is director approved, so well,
so be it.
Restoration demonstration is one of the funniest things I've seen on a Blu-ray.  Rather like showing a sow's ear being turned into a hopsack purse.
Image - 2 - 3
Audio - 4
RAH
I just bought this 2 weeks ago, and my first impression was that Paul Verhoven may have developed cataracs. The picture is just too bright! I have to but my BD player in theater room mode on bright days to make it look reasonably good. Did you get that impression?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks