What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ To Catch a Thief -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Beyond the shadow of a doubt, once there's a saboteur in the bunch it's a downhill frenzy. Enjoy your champagne now, because a lifeboat and all the rope in the world won't return this thread to being young and innocent. No pleasure garden here, no sir, this place is murder. I'm outta here. I'll see you out my rear window. Bon voyage.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
A poster on blu-ray.com remembers an additional shot of a black cat that was inserted in previous versions of this movie, (but gone beginning w/ the first DVD and forward) during the early scene where Kelly talks about "John Robie, The Cat." I don't remember ever seeing this insert. I think he's mixing it up w/ a brief shot of a black cat on the rooftop later one. Can anyone confirm?
Doug

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Video Watchdog magazine had a little article about the "subliminal" cat insert during a driving sequence. But it was years ago and I don't recall the specifics.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Bob Cashill said:
Video Watchdog magazine had a little article about the "subliminal" cat insert during a driving sequence. But it was years ago and I don't recall the specifics.
I remember that too but darned if I can recall the exact issue. If someone can remember the issue number, I can look it up and relay the information (even if it's just urban legend).
EDIT: Yes, I realize that if someone knows the issue number, they most likely have it and can post the info but I figured I'd offer. :)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
This film is just so wonderful on blu-ray. I really couldn't appreciate it very well before.
Bring on more VistaVision!

benbess said:
This film is just so wonderful on blu-ray. I really couldn't appreciate it very well before.
d51f8631_VistaVisioncolor.jpeg

"Motion Picture High-Fidelity" Yep.

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
benbess said:
Agreed. Bring on "Gunfight at the OK Corral."

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.
benbess said:
And those Martin & Lewis color VistaVisions...
1956 Hollywood or Bust
1956 Pardners
1955 Artists and Models
1955 You're Never Too Young
1954 3 Ring Circus
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks