What's new

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
What you do is get to the bottom of it and the own up to it and then fix it. You don't double down. They won't even address the missing music on Sweet Charity. I find this incredibly cocky, but I think that is obvious any time anyone has the temerity to bring up anything to them, and their ruder than rude comments that come back.

It hasn't been brought up all that much on THIS forum, but the way they've "not" addressed the very wrong geometry in BOTH talkie versions of BLACKMAIL and basically told people on the OTHER forum to return their discs if they don't like them because they're the same as all other versions (they're not, at all) and there's nothing wrong with them is an infuriating attitude to take. Granted, some of the posters over there are a bit "rougher" in their responses than we are here but, even still, KIno (again) makes it very hard to "want" to support them (and I honestly do)

This new UK disc is glorious - so rich and beautiful to look at. And it made me appreciate the movie even more, and especially the performance of Dennis Price, which is nothing short of brilliant. Has this been brought up in the Kino thread where such things CAN be brought up? Point me to it, if so.

Thanks Bruce, your solid recommendation gave me the last push I needed. I popped for the UK 70th disc this morning and it's on its way to me across the pond as we speak!! (well, it soon will be, anyway;)) Thank YOU!!

Last edited:

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I saw the new restoration of Kind Hearts and Coronets at the 2019 TCM Film Festival and it was gorgeous. This restoration seems to be the transfer on the UK disc... but Kino got an older transfer? What a disappointment! Is the UK disc region-free?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I saw the new restoration of Kind Hearts and Coronets at the 2019 TCM Film Festival and it was gorgeous. This restoration seems to be the transfer on the UK disc... but Kino got an older transfer? What a disappointment! Is the UK disc region-free?
No. Region B. Get thee a Region Free player posthaste.

I received it a few days ago. I thought it looked magnificent, like 18th Century lithographs suddenly come to life. Way beyond what I expected, as previously I've seen such poor and dupey prints/DVDs. With this new master, it's a completely different film, much more complex and visually exquisite, with an ornate and luminous surface belying the passions flaming within.
A must own, in my humble opinion.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
It bears repeating!! NO ONE should be afraid of region free. They're NOT expensive and they open up a WHOLE new world! You'll never believe how you managed to live without it!
You can say that again! Of course, try to refrain from looking at your monthly bank statement. Though discs from Amazon.uk are generally cheaper (even with shipping) in addition to often having better HD masters and more copious extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks