What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well that's all that I'm saying.
Listen, I've been a DirecTV customer for almost 25 years, my phone and internet service has been with them for almost the same length of time. I'm not a happy customer and have expressed that sentiment more than a few times on this forum. I am seriously thinking of making some major changes to how I spend my entertainment, internet and phone service dollars.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered The Thin Man from Amazon on July 5th. My order still says that it is "Expected by August 28th." So, we'll see. I've gotten no notice of shipping yet.

Meanwhile, I pre-ordered Jezebel from Amazon on July 29th and it is listed as "Out for Delivery" and I will have it today (on its release day of August 27th).

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Listen, I've been a DirecTV customer for almost 25 years, my phone and internet service has been with them for almost the same length of time. I'm not a happy customer and have expressed that sentiment more than a few times on this forum. I am seriously thinking of making some major changes to how I spend my entertainment, internet and phone service dollars.

Well I have a feeling I may be opening a whole new can of worms but I think xfinity gives you a lot more bang for your buck than DirecTV does. lol

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My copy of The Thin Man arrived yesterday (8/26) from Deep Discount. Ordered on 8/20 during their 15% off sale, which made it about $16.50.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, as long as my copy of The Thin Man arrives before I start my Christmas viewings, everything’s copacetic.

It’s currently on order from Amazon - expected delivery “tomorrow” :wacko:

And my delivered charge will be $15.47

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I pre-ordered The Thin Man from Amazon on July 5th. My order still says that it is "Expected by August 28th." So, we'll see. I've gotten no notice of shipping yet.

I am in the same boat, and it's now the 28th. Price still wins out for me, so I will let this order ride for now, but this is getting ridiculous.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
i-SxgH85w-L.jpg

Somehow, I don't think it's getting here by 8pm today. :rolleyes:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Meanwhile, I pre-ordered Jezebel from Amazon on July 29th and it is listed as "Out for Delivery" and I will have it today (on its release day of August 27th).

Just got a notice from amazon, shipped and I should have it tomorrow

I just got a notice from Amazon.

"We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below (The Thin Man)." The new delivery date is September 4th.

Meanwhile, Jezebel proved her punctuality and showed up right on time yesterday.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just got a notice from Amazon.

"We're encountering a delay in shipping the item below (The Thin Man)." The new delivery date is September 4th.
I got the same, but then I got a subsequent update: "Now arriving Saturday"

This is the first time an updated estimate has had a sooner date instead of a later date, so I'm thinking they might have gotten more stock in.

ThadK

Second Unit
You had someone on this very thread claiming (and believing) that Amazon has plenty of copies of these titles on hand and is just sitting on them for months. You don't believe it's a fair statement to imply there are people who want to paint Warner as always the victim and never the aggressor? I only used the word cultist to mirror the previous post, if you don't like the word then feel free to replace it with one that equally suits.

I mean, that's what I was told about the one single title and the insane delayed shipping. Doesn't make me a cultist just for relaying that information. Clearly something rotten is afoot in the WAC-Amazon relationship if this is happening again and again and again.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I mean, that's what I was told about the one single title and the insane delayed shipping. Doesn't make me a cultist just for relaying that information. Clearly something rotten is afoot in the WAC-Amazon relationship if this is happening again and again and again.

Thad, I apologize for that. I shouldn't have said it. I didn't mean to hurt your feeling and I hope you will forgive me. I am sorry.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You don't believe it's a fair statement to imply there are people who want to paint Warner as always the victim and never the aggressor?
I think people tend to side with Warner in the absence of any reliable information either way because Amazon seems to have these conflicts with multiple studios, while Warner only seems to have this conflict with this one retailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks