What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Swimmer -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Craig999

Agent
Real Name
Craig
I've always loved this movie. Haunted me since I was a kid. However, I found the Blu-ray presentation a bit off in color: flesh tones (especially on Burt's bod) had too much orange in comparison with the DVD.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Grindhouse is releasing a limited edition with a remastered CD soundtrack and embossed slipcover. Only 2000 units and i have the earlier release so i will think about double dipping.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I picked up the regular Grindhouse Blu-ray release last week and just got around to watching it yesterday. What a great film! I'd never seen it before and was very pleasantly surprised at how off the wall and well done it is. Superb! Lancaster is great, and the supporting cast as well. The transfer looks wonderful too.

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Looks like the limited 3-disc edition is sold out before it's release date on the 27th. There were only 2000 units made so i guess that is it?

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Are we to assume this new release will have the same transfer as the earlier one?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like the swimmer is back. Grindhouse will once again release the deluxe edition with the CD soundtrack on January 26th. It was released back in August in a Limited Edition of 2000 and then again in October and now a third time next month. Have the 2014 release and that is fine with me.

Amazon.com: The Swimmer Deluxe Edition [Blu-ray]: Burt Lancaster, Janet Landgard, Janice Rule, Joan Rivers, Frank Perry: Movies & TV
Don't you guys ever check out this listing?

willyTass

Supporting Actor
one of the greatest Horror films ever made LOL

scanned by Sony in 4k , but the British version encoded by David Mackenzie
4521523D-F520-4B05-A2E6-F4E30B2C01B7.jpeg
D09E1A29-9CDF-4A02-A802-FDD6F7AC8081.jpeg

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I would disagree - there is almost no difference in the transfer, and authoring isn't going to tip it because the authoring on the Grindhouse was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks