What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Quiet Man -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
RMajidi said:
I think there's a 24-hour window to edit a post before it's locked permanently. Judging by the timing of your posts, I'd say you just missed that window by an hour. "It's worth the try", no doubt?

Can't wait for my copy to arrive, and am also looking forward to reading your appraisal here.

[Edit: Wow, I see the typo has been magically corrected. You must have friends in high places!]
Actually, that's a very good idea - then no one weeks later can go back and correct anything - it's there for the record :) Thank you to whoever corrected it.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
In childhood, there was a breakfast cereal ad that shouted "I want my Maypo".

In adulthood, the shout would read as, "I want my Oppo".

Or, if John Lennon were alive today, he would have a new lyric that sings,

"...Imagine all the people, living Region free-e-e-e-e-e".

If this Master of Cinema transfer of "The Quiet Man" meets HTM's anticipations, it may very well become the day I finally purchase an Oppo. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
John Hermes said:
You can pick up a region-free LG blu-ray player for around $150. I have two of them and they work flawlessly. One of my best days in home theater was going region-free. Do it.
I have one too!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
John Hermes said:
You can pick up a region-free LG blu-ray player for around $150. I have two of them and they work flawlessly. One of my best days in home theater was going region-free. Do it.

Robert Crawford said:
I have one too!
Sold !!!

Thank you both, as this will be short money until my "high-end" budget becomes a reality; as an Oppo is coveted along with a projector, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks