What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (UK release) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Steen DK

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steen
Robert Harris said:
But when viewing from a proper distance, the problem is possibly not inoffensive, bur far less offensive.
There were people who said the very same thing about Patton and The Longest Day - well, and numerous other releases over the years. "Just sit farther away. Just get a smaller screen."

Personally I think that if those two were DNR 10s then this is a 7. But, clearly, to each his own.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay, enough debate about the DNR. Each person has spoken their mind on the subject.

Let's keep it friendly and move on...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Steen DK said:
There were people who said the very same thing about Patton and The Longest Day - well, and numerous other releases over the years. "Just sit farther away. Just get a smaller screen."

Personally I think that if those two were DNR 10s then this is a 7. But, clearly, to each his own.
They can tell me to take my glasses off, oh look it's all a blur, no more worrying about transfer quality, each title will now look the same to me.

@Ronald Sorry i posted this at the same time as your post.

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
This was the first film I ever saw where there was a double reveal at the end, or rather, a different story when you look at it from a different point of view. At age 10, I thought that was just fabulously cool. As I've got older, it's the performances that keep me coming back to it. Great to hear that the BR is watchable.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Since I have wet maculare degeneration in my right eye (hopefully under control now thanks to eye injections) I just need to close my left eye and everything looks nicely indistinct with plenty of natural grain .......

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
LOL, I can achieve the same effect by closing my right eye as my left eye is afflicted with glaucoma. Remarkable how one does not notice how poorly one sees out of one bad eye if the healthy eye is open.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Just watched the blu-ray of Liberty Valance. Very impressed with the image quality, a huge improvement over the DVD. Fantastic b & w cinematography. No need to review the film, anybody who has seen it knows how good it is.

alstein

Agent
Real Name
Aron
I watched the Blu Ray of this release and was pleased with the picture quality. However I found the mono version sounded fuller to my ears than the multichannel version.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Remixed soundtracks very often lose the "punch" of the original mixes. Just one of many reasons why I feel original audio should always be included

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
For people waiting for this to be released in the States, try visiting here:
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/western/man-who-shot-liberty-valance-the/290370/
This is the Australian JB Hi Fi site and this is identical to the UK region-free disc Robert Harris has written about.
At present it's just a tad more than six American dollars. Even with international postage, this surely has to be about as cheap as it can be anywhere in the world today! I've just ordered, for a total of eight Australian dollars including local postage.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is apparently being released on Blu-ray in the US October 13, 2015 and is available for pre-order on Amazon for $9.99.

Does anyone know if this is the same as the UK release?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
dvdclon said:
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is apparently being released on Blu-ray in the US October 13, 2015 and is available for pre-order on Amazon for $9.99.

Does anyone know if this is the same as the UK release?
Yes!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I totally missed this Blu-ray being released. If you look it up on Amazon, the artwork that appears has the import labeling. It is only after looking down another line in the list that you find a U.S. release. Will post this as a preorder link.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
I totally missed this Blu-ray being released. If you look it up on Amazon, the artwork that appears has the import labeling. It is only after looking down another line in the list that you find a U.S. release. Will post this as a preorder link.
Yeah, I've been tracking it for many weeks now as it's been on my Blu-ray Preorder Listing for a long time without any embedded Amazon link. Earlier today, it finally showed up on Amazon and I was able to link it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks