What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Last Witch Hunter -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Let's confuse things a bit more.

Some of the initial 4k releases have used DTS HD-Master Audio as a source, which can be expanded via one's processor to induce sound from height channels. Others have used Dolby's Atmos technology, which is my preference, for it's spot on audio placement.

Breck Eisner's The Last Witch Hunter, is encoded with DTS:X.

Sounds great. Actually very much like DTS' earlier encode, but I'll have to do a bit more research.

As a film, I had been warned off. The trailer looked interesting.

In the end, I'm pleased that I viewed the film, as it's a great deal of fun, with some superb effects.

Vin Diesel is believable, and newcomer Rose Leslie, helps to move things along.

As a 4k UHD Blu-ray, Summit's (Lionsgate) release is a pleasure. Superb color, helped along by HDR, and full rich audio, courtesy of DTS:X.

And a actual 4k, a rara avis in home video at the moment, to boot. Resolution is superb.

This one makes a nice reference disc.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks for the review Robert I went out and picked up this title and think I will hold off on watching it till I get my updated Samsung evolution kit for my UHD TV. Have not seen this movie yet so I am looking forward to seeing it especially after reading your review.

IMG_7218a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks