What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Fate of the Furious -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Fate of the Furious is a fully digital production, and as such is perfect fodder for the wonders of digital up-rezzing.

Shot on an Alexa XT Plus (3.4k), a Sony F55 (4k), and a Red (6k), Universal's new 4k Blu-ray has the appearance of something derived from an extremely highly resolved original.

Whether via digital image manipulation, or high source quality, this is a magnificent 4k demo disc.

The film itself, is filled with the sort of non-stop action that fans of the franchise seem to demand, with more stars than are in the heavens --actually possibly too many. The franchise is beginning to appear as if it were part of The Expendables series.

That said, F. Gary Gray keeps things moving at a quick pace, and presuming that grosses continue high, eight will probably not be enough.

Bottom line, a gorgeous 4k Blu-ray, with HDR and DTS:X, more than keeping the lint out of one's speakers.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS:X)

Recommended (for reference quality image)

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I didn't like this one as much as the previous 2 films. I should have my copy tomorrow so I'm hopeful I will enjoy it more while viewing and listening to it on my own home theater setup.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
These movies keep getting more and more over the top but I think that is why people like them. I think your reference to "The Expendables" is spot on. Should be a blast to watch. Have a lot of movies this week I have to figure out an order to watch them. :)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
These movies keep getting more and more over the top but I think that is why people like them. I think your reference to "The Expendables" is spot on. Should be a blast to watch. Have a lot of movies this week I have to figure out an order to watch them. :)

Interestingly, The Expendables is a full 4k workflow.

tns49

Agent
Real Name
Timothy
You didn't mention if you saw this with a setup that supported Dolby Vision or not?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah, I didn't like this one as much as the previous 2 films. I should have my copy tomorrow so I'm hopeful I will enjoy it more while viewing and listening to it on my own home theater setup.

That's basically how I felt about it too, but we still had a great time watching it (we laughed a lot). I am looking forward to watching it again at home as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks