What's new

Brian9229

Rushman
Real Name
Brian
Don't know why folks had any issues with these discs. I played all 4 discs on my bedroom player (oppo 203) and my ht player(205) and I didn't have a single issue, and fw is current. They all look beautiful, although I'd rate Spectre beyond that, somewhere in the "Stunning" category.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
They all look beautiful, although I'd rate Spectre beyond that, somewhere in the "Stunning" category.

I don't have the discs yet, but I'm very curious about what was done to Spectre to give it an HDR makeover, given that the movie's photography was originally very low dynamic range with raised black levels and muted highlights by design.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Bought this set but only watched a few minutes of Quantum.

I’d love to buy the others. Strange that they are not coming out with the new film...

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Anyone know if the digital codes included redeem in 4K on iTunes?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I watched both Skyfall and Spectre about a month ago and were beautiful! I’m also a big fan of both of those films in general and Spectre in particular has grown on me more and more, and I liked it enough initially in the theater. I wish Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes would just make all the Bond films from now on.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I watched both Skyfall and Spectre about a month ago and were beautiful! I’m also a big fan of both of those films in general and Spectre in particular has grown on me more and more, and I liked it enough initially in the theater. I wish Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes would just make all the Bond films from now on.

I’m dreaming of bond films coming out in a more consistent time frame. I know there is no one to blame with no time to die release.

I’m also looking forward to a new actor as Bond and hopefully a different direction than the current films too.

I plan on seeing No Tome To Die as soon as it is released too.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
We all know that there will be a fifth and final Craig Bond film. Why they produce these sets that are short the final film, knowing that they're going to reissue them with all five, kinda pisses me off. But, I do have the option of not purchasing the 4-film set, and I am taking full advantage of that option.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Fast & Furious series puts out a new "complete" set after each film, though it's known more films are coming in the future.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
We all know that there will be a fifth and final Craig Bond film. Why they produce these sets that are short the final film, knowing that they're going to reissue them with all five, kinda pisses me off. But, I do have the option of not purchasing the 4-film set, and I am taking full advantage of that option.

Two reasons, I think. MGM is broke so any money now is better than no money now. And the other might simply be that the distribution rights to the final Craig entry are different than the previous four, so getting them all in the same set might not have been possible anyway.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Two reasons, I think. MGM is broke so any money now is better than no money now. And the other might simply be that the distribution rights to the final Craig entry are different than the previous four, so getting them all in the same set might not have been possible anyway.

But a new studio owner will have less at stake with No Time To Die. Hypothetically if mgm sold right now the new owners would want to get the products out and then focus on future projects to grow the company. The film catalog has some value but it’s now what it was 5 to 10 years ago.

I really think Apple makes the most sense. Warner May but they are doing the hbo max thing for new films...

It’s so exhausting following the mgm history. It’s tough for Bond fans to have put up with so many delays during the Craig era.

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for mgm and 007 too.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Not buying a Bond movie collection because you know another is coming would mean never buying a James Bond movie collection. James Bond will return. :)

Except that Daniel Craig is retiring from the role following the next one, and my comments specify a set exclusively concerned with Craig.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Obviously the delay to Bond 25 has delayed a set of Craig's Bonds, but that's a problem with this hobby, you are always waiting for something. It's the same with regional coding and waiting for a release in your region that may never come. You have to grab what's available, but at least 4k discs are region free.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I was initially really annoyed that a “spot” was not left in the Daniel Craig set for the future “No Time to Die” disc, as leaving an empty spot for “Skyfall” was done with the Bond 50 set in 2012. So there was precedent there for such an idea.

But I got over it and went ahead and bought the set, because I just REALLY had a hankering to watch these movies and had a case of FOMO knowing that 4K discs actually existed.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I bought the 4-film UHD set, took the discs out, and put them in my Blu-ray SteelBooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks