What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Critters Collection -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
While I've never been a fan, people seem to have gotten hooked on the Critters series. WB has licensed the four films to Scream Factory, and the resultant boxed set will be snatched up as fast as they hit the shelves.

Quality is wonderful. The first two films have been recently re-scanned. There were apparently quality scans already available for three and four. Tracks are all DTS HD, in stereo, with the exception of the first film.

Scream has added "making of" docs for all four films.

I generally prefer a more slim package. This boxed set includes the four titles each in its own standard Blu-ray case - presumably for later ease in non-boxed format.

Checking out Critters 3, I noted a young actor as Josh, who seemed as though he might go somewhere in the field. Don't know whatever became of him.

Image - 4.75

Audio - 5 (DTS)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from earlier DVD - Definitely

Recommended

RAH

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Checking out Critters 3, I noted a young actor as Josh, who seemed as though he might go somewhere in the field. Don't know whatever became of him.

I heard he got mauled by a bear. Fell off a boat at one point and had a big quaalude problem too. Tragic story.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep. I think he peaked with Critters 3, never to be heard from again.

Glad to hear the quality is good on these. I've had them pre-ordered almost since they were announced, and the first two films have been on my blu-ray "grail" list for years. Not so sure I needed the third and fourth films, but at least I'll be able to watch Critters 3 to refresh my memory about this guy.

And I also wish the packaging was a bit more compact. I loved that I was able to get all four films on DVD in a single keep case. Now I'll have to re-jigger my shelf to fit the blu case.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Oh you mean whashisface from Growing Pains? Yeah I'm pretty sure Critters 3 killed any chance for him getting his own sitcom.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Prefer each film gets its own case and cover art.

In fact when they just throw films all in a set and lack their own cover art I usually throw them on a wish list and go unpurchased.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
New Critters film on the way from Warner:

1000739211_2028x2048@2x.jpg

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/movies-and-tv-pre-orders/products/critters-attack-bd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks