What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Badger Game -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As genres go, there have been good, bad, and occasionally great musicals that stem from the "My mom has curtains in the attic, let's put on a show" concept.

The Badger Game comes from (name the crime), heist, murder, what have you, gone very wrong genre.

In this case, it concerns a few cranky women, out for revenge against a philandering dude, by hitting him for a paycheck.

From the outset, as their plan is hatched, we know where things will go.

The trick here, and the basis of the film, is to find out precisely how bad things might go.

The film, directed by Joshua Wagner and Thomas Zambeck, works for the most part, as the team of four behind the crime hit one snag after another.

Dark comedy? Works that way.

Many films work, or not based upon our ability to like, or identify with the characters. You can see this at play in The Badger Game, for as things progress, we are left with a single resolute character for whom we can cheer.

Interesting little film, which is ultimately worth 99 minutes of your time, probably as a rental.

As an aside, the only extra may be one of the worst I've encountered on a Blu-ray.

The film appears to have been shot in HD, and looks fine for what it is. Any limitations are original based upon the original source, and thus I'm not giving numerical grades.

As a Blu-ray there are no problems.

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks