What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Age of Adaline - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Within the responses to the few words re: A Simple Favor, was the comment that a superb performance by Blake Lively was to be found in The Age of Adaline, a quirky sci-fi / romance, that I'd not yet noted on these pages.

The film, directed by Lee Toland Krieger, reminds me in odd ways, of Somewhere in Time and I'll Never Forget You, although the concepts are quite different.

For those who lack the ability to suspend disbelief, don't bother.

Adaline concerns a young women that is affected by planetary alignment and other factors, and therefore does not age. It's in certain ways, a vampire tale, less the vampires.

Interestingly, it's a film that could have been odd and clunky, takes on a life of its own, and goes places that the viewer would never anticipate. And that makes it a superior entertainment.

I'll not go further, for fear of damaging the enjoyment to be found within its 113 minutes.

Shot in both S16, as well as digitally, the film was completed as a 2k DI, and the results are magnificent. Hence, Lionsgate's Blu-ray, which was released back in 2015 - and with a Dolby Atmos mix - is a gorgeous piece of software.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks