What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Adventures of Robin Hood -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's worth every penny.

My best advise is to shop around. A $17 difference sounds way off unless you found the DVD for $2.

The BD can be had right now on Amazon for under $20 (and it's frequently on sale for under $15) while the DVD currently costs $21 on their site.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
From someone who is NOT upgrading all his films to blu-ray, but only select titles, if you found the SD dvd at Big Lots for $3, I'd STILL recommend you buy the blu-ray instead. The improvement is definitely worth the upgrade.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Posted by DeeF:
I'm using an HD A2 as my main HD DVD player, and those menus on The Searchers work fine for me.

The Adventures of Robin Hood on HD DVD is another story. It now locks up on me at approx. 45 minutes. It is right at the moment when Marian is riding away after the feast in the forest. At that point, I get that "Cannot read disc, error 408bc504" message. So, I will probably get the Blu-ray version, as this is my favorite film.

BTW, I took a look at the SD DVD version of Robin Hood after my HD version went belly up, and I have to say, it looks pretty incredible as well.

celica

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Celica
nah, i'm confused right now.. which should i take first?
doubt http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...iew-doubt.html

or this? any suggestion? i want both actually but i have to be wise on spending my money..
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Adventures of Robin Hood is a definite "buy" title. I haven't seen Doubt yet but am planning on renting it first.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Tried updating the firmware on my HD A2, but Robin Hood still freezes at the same spot. Actually, the disc is rather scratched. It could that it was loose on its hub when I ordered it.

Today, I was at Fry's for a Blu-ray sale, and saw that they still had some leftover HD DVDs. So I picked up a new version of Robin Hood for $8.99, and it does not freeze at that spot. I need to watch the whole movie now to see if it freezes anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks