What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Adderall Diaries -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Memories can be strange creatures.

My earliest have always been of walking among what seemed like gigantic sugarcane "trees" on my grandparents sugarcane plantation in Jamaica. Just bits and pieces that can fit together into a whole.

The Adderall Diaries, which was written and directed by Pamela Romanowsky, is her second feature after The Color of Time. Her next, The Institute, co-directed with James Franco.

Based upon the memoir by Stephen Elliott, drugs, sex, and family relationships blend in Ms Romanowsky's film, which has more bits and pieces than a Boeing 787.

Those behind the "parts" are James Franco, Amber Heard, Ed Harris and Cynthia Nixon, with Christian Slater serving as a bit of a Greek chorus.

Shot with a Red Epic, one must presume that the Blu-ray represents the film look desired by the filmmakers.

The Adderall Diaries is Independent cinema, with a capital "I." Purposefully confusing, due to drugs and memories, those bits and pieces finally do, more or less, gather together, mostly with the help of Mr. Harris (no relation, although I've greatly appreciated his work, going back to The Right Stuff).

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks