What's new

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I picked this up mainly to see Linda, and Arnold together again in a Terminator movie. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked the film quite a bit. And the audio, and video are simply fantastic!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I liked it well enough too. I thought Mackenzie Davis, in particular, was excellent in this film. Interestingly, even though the story was pretty much centered on Sarah Connor, I felt that Linda Hamilton was the weakest part of the movie. Her acting was actually cringe-worthy to me at times, which was surprising. She just didn't do a thing for me.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I felt that Linda Hamilton was the weakest part of the movie. Her acting was actually cringe-worthy to me at times, which was surprising. She just didn't do a thing for me.

I noticed a few scenes that seemed a bit awkward. In some scenes she was trying to match her anger/fierce persona that was too authentic in T2. In this, it didn't seem very authentic. At least to me.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Watched this in 4K last night and really enjoyed the ride. Simpler story line than some in the franchise but I felt it still worked. I was entertained!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I remember a Cameron commentary on Aliens, where he explicitly criticized the film makers of A3 for killing off characters that had become inconvenient for A3. I agreed with him. So it particularly pisses me off that Cameron did the same thing for this movie. I had read something about it and confirmed it on Wikipedia. As with A3, this movie will remain dead to me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I remember a Cameron commentary on Aliens, where he explicitly criticized the film makers of A3 for killing off characters that had become inconvenient for A3.
To be clear, he didn’t “explicitly criticize” the A3 filmmakers. He just expressed his displeasure at their decision.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I remember a Cameron commentary on Aliens, where he explicitly criticized the film makers of A3 for killing off characters that had become inconvenient for A3. I agreed with him. So it particularly pisses me off that Cameron did the same thing for this movie. I had read something about it and confirmed it on Wikipedia. As with A3, this movie will remain dead to me.

Cameron's behavior is actually consistent in this case. He disliked what someone else had done with a sequel to his movie, and wished that he could make a direct follow-up to his own work that ignored any entries made by other people. And that's exactly what he's done here.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
To be clear, he didn’t “explicitly criticize” the A3 filmmakers. He just expressed his displeasure at their decision.
I believe you are splitting hairs here and I apologize to the hare.
Cameron's behavior is actually consistent in this case. He disliked what someone else had done with a sequel to his movie, and wished that he could make a direct follow-up to his own work that ignored any entries made by other people. And that's exactly what he's done here.
I didn’t mention this, but I believe he also referenced the fans of the Alien franchise, who were invested in the characters. Something to the effect that the A3 filmmakers showed a lack of respect to them. If my memory is correct, then Cameron has become the pot calling the kettle black.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Did Cameron actually 'do' the events mentioned here for Dark Fate though? How involved was he in the story, direction and writing of the film, beyond producing it? I genuinely don't know the answer to this, just wondering.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Did Cameron actually 'do' the events mentioned here for Dark Fate though? How involved was he in the story, direction and writing of the film, beyond producing it? I genuinely don't know the answer to this, just wondering.
His idea or not, he could have stopped it. Cameron put his name on the movie, so I assume he approved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks