What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Tell Them Willie Boy is Here - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
In one of the great injustices in artistic history, filmmaker Abraham Polonsky was denied his rightful place in Hollywood by the American government under the guise of HUAC.

After penning Body and Soul in 1947, and following up with the direction (and screenplay) of the brilliant Force of Evil in 1948, he was knee-capped by a bunch of do-gooding American politicians, who should have felt the bottom side of a rope for their troubles.

It took 21 years for him to get another shot at a major production, and that was Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, with Robert Redford, Katharine Ross, Robert Blake and Susan Clark in the leads.

Photographed by Conrad Hall, Kino Lorber's new Blu-ray has a wonderfully grain-reduced aura, with occasional (minor) digital artifacts, but sit back a bit and enjoy, as I can't imagine this getting a new image harvest anytime soon.

Color seems fine, and the final result is on the positive side of more than okay.

You'll want a copy of this one.

Image - 3.75

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from DVD - Yes

Highly Recommended

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Black List was a tragedy for those artistic people as well as movie buffs. It robbed the general public of an unidentified number of great movies that could've been made during that film era. What a waste! As to this movie, I have that BD, but I need to find time to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks