What's new

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There may be another thread for this topic. If there is let me know. I'm looking for a thread which compares the various versions of today's TLJ release. Seems like Best Buy has a metal box. Target has a mini Art of TLJ book and a Porg featurette. Not sure what Amazon has if anything. I'm looking for a version which includes both a Blu Ray and DVD and as many extras (Trailers, Deleted Scenes, Behind the Scenes stuff, gag reel etc)
Don't need 3D or 4K or a Digital Copy. What does the collective recommend as the best option? Thanks! MTFBWY
Out of what you're interested in, the Target exclusive version sounds like the one you'd want- it has the two Blu-rays (the movie on disc 1 and the special features on disc 2), a DVD (with just the movie), the bonus DVD with the porg featurette and a code for the digital copy. The Best Buy steelbook version has the two Blu-rays, the DVD and the code for the digital copy. The regular Blu-ray release has the two Blu-rays and a digital copy.

EDIT: Corrected to fix info on the regular Blu-ray.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I got my 4k Last Jedi at Target this morning, too...on the drive into work. It's weird how this Amazon/Disney feud drives us back into stores on Tuesdays for certain titles.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I got my 4k Last Jedi at Target this morning, too...on the drive into work. It's weird how this Amazon/Disney feud drives us back into stores on Tuesdays for certain titles.

Yep. Having to head to the local Walmart to pick this up.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Target has free shipping and 5% cash back on all purchases if you use your Redcard. My copy is arriving today via UPS. No need to go to the store even with the Amazon/Disney debacle still in full swing. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target has free shipping and 5% cash back on all purchases if you use your Redcard. My copy is arriving today via UPS. No need to go to the store even with the Amazon/Disney debacle still in full swing. :)
Going to Target and picking my copy at the customer service desk is just too easy for me instead of waiting on it from UPS.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Going to Target and picking my copy at the customer service desk is just too easy for me instead of waiting on it from UPS.

I'd rather not drive there and back, try to find a parking spot, deal with traffic, wait in line at Customer Service, and burn the gas. For me it's much easier to open my front door when I get home from work and simply pick up the package. But hey, you retired guys get to do whatever you want. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'd rather not drive there and back, try to find a parking spot, deal with traffic, wait in line at Customer Service, and burn the gas. For me it's much easier to open my front door when I get home from work and pick up the package. :)
I go to Target frequently so I'm not arguing your situation, but just commenting about my circumstance. Target is one of the few brick and mortar stores I still actually shop in besides my grocery store.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Because of other commitments, it'll probably be a week or two until I watch my copy. Anybody know if this release is plays quiet (due to being the original theatrical mix instead of home theater-targeted mix) like The Force Awakens and Thor: Ragnarok were?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Because of other commitments, it'll probably be a week or two until I watch my copy. Anybody know if this release is plays quiet (due to being the original theatrical mix instead of home theater-targeted mix) like The Force Awakens and Thor: Ragnarok were?
I'm certainly not an audio guy so I'm no expert but I did have to nudge up my volume slightly but nothing significant.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
A frisbee is a frisbee even in a tin box! I am waiting for my Amazon.uk 3D version. I will never buy a flat version of a 3D film. In the past I also would not buy pan and scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks