What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Split -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There have been film concerning multiple personality disorder.

Sweet ones - David and Lisa; those more adult in nature The Three Faces of Eve and Sybil, more violent and dealing with criminal acts - Primal Fear and Fight Club, and comedy, Me, Myself & Irene.

and a slew of others, such as I Led Three Lives, The Three Lives of Tomasina, and of course, Parent Trap.

But I believe that Split is the first to tell a tale in terms of horror.

I'll not go into the details, but suffice to say that James McAvoy gives a bravura performance.

It's also nice to see Mr. Shyamala return to his more basic roots, with a lower budget, and a higher quality. No trick endings in sight, but this one works.

As a Blu-ray, presented by Universal, the 2k finished presentation is perfect on disc.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Not to mention, the presence of the magnificent Betty Buckley throughout is well worth the price of admission.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
One of the few new films I went to see in a theater (had to check out the new luxury iPic complex in Fort Lee, NJ) and enjoyed it very much.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Psycho involved multiple personalities in a horror film. Sybil could be seen as a horror film of a sort too.

Edit Now I am thinking of more... The Korean film Tale of Two Sisters and Dressed to Kill

edit again Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde, Shutter Island, Nutty Professor!

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention, the presence of the magnificent Betty Buckley throughout is well worth the price of admission.
The three teenage girls (Anya Taylor-Joy, Haley Lu Richardson and Jessica Sula) are also higher-caliber talent than you usually get for these sort of roles in horror movies. Taylor-Joy, of course, was the central character in Robert Eggers's terrific The Witch. Richardson played the girl torn between her best friend and her best friend's brother in Kelly Fremon Craig's searing high school dramedy The Edge of Seventeen. Jessica Sula was a standout on the original UK "Skins" before giving an incredibly complex performance playing the main character of Freeform's underrated addiction drama "Recovery Road" (which Richardson also recurred on).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks