What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Son of Paleface -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I did a bit of checking, since Roy Rogers and Trigger, make a rare Technicolor appearance in Son of Paleface. The only other reference I find for Mr. Rogers is Melody Time.

Trigger, however, makes an earlier appearance, as the trusty steed ridden by Maid Marian, in the 1938 Adventures of Robin Hood.

There isn't much to report regarding this Bob Hope classic, released via Kino Lorber. Most everyone into cinema will know the film.

Created from a quality Eastman element, which nicely represents the textures of the original three-strip Technicolor, it's generally beautifully rendered, with very minor exceptions, where registration is slightly off.

Quality all the way, and a terrific piece of comedy entertainment, in the ubiquitous Hope style.

Image - 4.75

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Last edited:

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I did a bit of checking, since Roy Rogers and Trigger, make a rare Technicolor appearance in Son of Paleface. The only other reference I find for Mr. Rogers is Melody Time.

How about Warner Bros' Hollywood Canteen(1944) which this 123 or mins film should be on Bly ray like Thank Your Lucky Stars. Roy does Don't Fence me In on stage with his nag.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will

How about Warner Bros' Hollywood Canteen(1944) which this 123 or mins film should be on Bly ray like Thank Your Lucky Stars. Roy does Don't Fence me In on stage with his nag.

I think Mr. Harris is only referring to appearances by one, the other, or both in TECHNICOLOR. There are scores of black & white film appearances and almost two dozen in TRUCOLOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks