What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
While I realize that the economics of issuing physical media are much different in 2016 than 2009, how bloody expensive is it to reissue already existing extras? It's not as though the Animated shorts needed any more major remastering (Well, perhaps except for the annoyingly windowboxed THE GODDESS OF SPRING!), and a bonus Blu-ray easily could have been included instead of a DVD version of the main feature! It IS 2016, after all!

Heh ... I still owned the initial DVD release from 2001, but had skipped the 2009 BD release. So I eagerly jumped on the 2016 release. I then removed the DVD copy of the movie from the case and replaced it with the DVD of the bonus features from the first release. Problem Solved!!

... And the main feature I wanted from that DVD Bonus Disc was "Disney through the Decades". I'm pretty sure they initially had plans to update it every time Snow White came back out of the Vault. Perhaps for the 4K UHD release?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Heh ... I still owned the initial DVD release from 2001, but had skipped the 2009 BD release. So I eagerly jumped on the 2016 release. I then removed the DVD copy of the movie from the case and replaced it with the DVD of the bonus features from the first release. Problem Solved!!

... And the main feature I wanted from that DVD Bonus Disc was "Disney through the Decades". I'm pretty sure they initially had plans to update it every time Snow White came back out of the Vault. Perhaps for the 4K UHD release?
Regarding the "Disney Through The Decades" '09 update; when you think about it, isn't it a bit ironic that a guy named "Sweeney" was the one that got "cut"? :D

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tonight, I treated myself to a fresh viewing of STEAMBOAT WILLIE (1928) to coincide with the 90th Anniversary of its November 18, 1928 debut. (OK, it was a bit past midnight EST, but it's still the 18th in the western time zones!)

While not outstanding looking, I find the transfer on the '09 SNOW WHITE Bonus Blu-ray disc quite sufficient, certainly better than the not quite complete version (Which was missing the end title card!) on the '90s era Mickey Mouse VHS Compilation tape.

Happy 90th Anniversary, Mickey Mouse! :)

CHEERS! :)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The same team that restored Cinderella which I gather was fabulous, is restoring Snow white!
I think this is great news, but... can't they include the original mono audio while they are at it?
If they do, I will surely purchase it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks