What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Shakespeare in Love -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'll begin my comments on John Madden's brilliant Shakespeare in Love with a negative.

At a time when both individuals and companies are attempting to cut back on waste, especially when it pertains to our environment, why must Lionsgate buck the trend of going with plastic security strips beneath the shrink wrap to fully secure their discs?

Please don't take this comment the wrong way. Shakespeare in Love is absolutely worth stealing on Blu-ray, as is Cold Mountain, but all of these extra bits of plastic and adhesive just seem wrong.

That point made, I was thrilled to be able to pop Shakespeare in Love, yet another Academy Award winning Best Picture arriving on Blu-ray into a player.

And even more thrilled to see that it looked really nice. Great color, blacks, shadow detail. Everything is correct here. And at under $8, a steal -- without the necessity of actually doing it.

A terrific piece of filmmaking and entertainment. Why can't all great Blu-rays be $7.99?

Highly Recommended.

RAH

MrsMac

Agent
Real Name
Kim Andrew
Re: the plastic security strips -- my hubby has the job of opening all new DVD/blu-ray discs in this house and he was growling over the same thing. :D Great comments - and totally agree. One of our favorite movies.

dendodd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Dodd
Great point about the packaging. We are drowning in packaging. When one comes home from any shopping trip we bring boxes in bags in other boxes in wrapping and tissue and plastic strips and a whole host of rubbish. Just take a look at the amount of stuff one has to discard after any shopping trip and one can see why are landfil sites are filled to the brim. Good grief...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks