What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Return of the Living Dead: Part II -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Presumably, as part of their deal with WB, Scream Factory is releasing the 1988 Lorimar, Return of the Living Dead: Part II.

I actually had to check to see if there was a Part I, and yes there is. There's also a Part III. Whether later releases have anything to do with this one, I've no idea. I'm sure someone will chime in with facts.

One would also presume that WB is supplying a master, as the new Blu-ray looks like film. Many sequences, especially darker, have a heavy sheen of grain, which almost makes the film appear to have been shot in 16mm.

But it was 35, all the way.

It should be known that Michael Kenworthy was nominated for the Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor in a Horror or Mystery Motion Picture.

A bit of trivia from iMDB:

Younger brother of Michelle Kenworthy.

Was offered one of the five male leads on the debut season of Beverly Hills, 90210. Declined because his family was urging him to attend college. Producer Aaron Spelling was uncharacteristically flustered by this; he warned Kenworthy that "You walk out now, and you'll never work in Hollywood again!" Kenworthy took numerous theater/film-production courses at two separate universities...but even after getting his second degree, "I felt like I still didn't know anything. On the other hand, should Quentin Tarantino call me in, I'm there".

Graduated from: Crespi Carmelite High School (Class of 1993); Loyola Marymount University (Class of 1996); and California State University, Northridge (Class of 1997). Holds degrees in theater arts, telecommunications and broadcasting; self-employed as of 2011.

(Aug 2012) Sherman Oaks, California, USA

Born thirteen days after Ami Foster.

Is that relevant?

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HD MA)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from DVD - definitely

RAH

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The first "ROTLD" is pretty good. The 2nd is pretty awful. The 3rd is no better.

There are also a 4th and a 5th, IIRC, but I never saw them...

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm not a big fan of horror films in general, but is this the one with the Michael Jackson zombie towards the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks