What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Resident Evil: The Final Chapter -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Although Sony purported final film in the Resident Evil series, is being sold as just that, I find that it leaves the future open for yet another of Milla Jovovich's sci-fi adventures.

As directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, his fifth film in the series accomplishes its task, entertaining those who continue to give love to the series, which had its beginnings as a video game.

While the film isn't my particular cup of tea, Sony's 4k UHD release with HDR is a detailed and dark affair, taking full use of the rich blacks that surround the imagery.

Finished as a 4k DCP, RE joins that elite club of films that made their way through the entire [production line in full-rez 4k.

Audio, presented as Dolby Atmos, is Huge.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
This is one of the series that I just have to have everything made for it. Probably one of the best video game to movie transitions where it has gained it's own storyline. It has run its coarse though and really need to end or rebooted entirely in a new direction.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This series films is also a guilty pleasure for me.
I Havent seen the final film.
It just might have to be a 4K blind buy.
There is a rumor that Sony wants to reboot the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks