What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Rambo The Fight Continues aka John Rambo -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Another beautiful 4k release from the Lionsgate library, of a film that I somehow missed totally.

As Rambo films go, it's good, but seems to get caught up in the totally nihilistic concept of the plot, ie unrestrained violence, as directed by Mr. Stallone.

Superb actions sequences, tremendous audio. It all works on a tech basis.

Julie Benz, a very likable actress gets second billing, and aside from getting Rambo into trouble in the first place, spends most of her screen time, running, cowering, and looking put-upon.

As far as I can tell, and I counted, this the fourth film in the series that began as the superb First Blood, in 1982, with potentially the final installment, Rambo: Last Blood, arriving in theaters shortly, after it ran at TIFF, and later this month.

Presumably, up-rezzed from 2k data files, it works just fine via 4k, especially with Dolby Atmos in play.

Image – 5 (HDR 10 / Dolby Vision)

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Yes

Recommended

RAH

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I will have to snag these in UHD when I can.

I did a Rambo mini-Fest last weekend. I started with IV, then saw all of I and fell asleep in II, sometime after she died. Looking forward to seeing the latest in the theatre.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have the first two films on 4K blu-ray and will not only add the third title but this one as well. I will also be adding Rambo: Last Blood when that is released on 4K Blu-ray. I love the Rambo franchise and can not wait to check out this title on 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks