1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review A few words about...™ Rambo The Fight Continues aka John Rambo -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    Another beautiful 4k release from the Lionsgate library, of a film that I somehow missed totally.

As Rambo films go, it's good, but seems to get caught up in the totally nihilistic concept of the plot, ie unrestrained violence, as directed by Mr. Stallone.

Superb actions sequences, tremendous audio. It all works on a tech basis.

Julie Benz, a very likable actress gets second billing, and aside from getting Rambo into trouble in the first place, spends most of her screen time, running, cowering, and looking put-upon.

As far as I can tell, and I counted, this the fourth film in the series that began as the superb First Blood, in 1982, with potentially the final installment, Rambo: Last Blood, arriving in theaters shortly, after it ran at TIFF, and later this month.

Presumably, up-rezzed from 2k data files, it works just fine via 4k, especially with Dolby Atmos in play.

Image – 5 (HDR 10 / Dolby Vision)

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Yes

Recommended

RAH

Doug Wallen, B-ROLL and Paul Watters like this.
  2. Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck Second Unit

Philip Verdieck
    I will have to snag these in UHD when I can.

I did a Rambo mini-Fest last weekend. I started with IV, then saw all of I and fell asleep in II, sometime after she died. Looking forward to seeing the latest in the theatre.

3. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I have the first two films on 4K blu-ray and will not only add the third title but this one as well. I will also be adding Rambo: Last Blood when that is released on 4K Blu-ray. I love the Rambo franchise and can not wait to check out this title on 4K.