What's new

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
still waiting, ...... i really wish WAC offered the chance to chose a different shipping company than DHL, any of the other choices would be better
Good Point. After waiting forever, I called and learned DHL lost my order. I cancelled and reordered from Amazon.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Just received my disc last week and these look amazing! Highly recommended due to the quality even if you aren't a big fan of Popeye or the post-Fleischer years Popeye.

As others have stated here, I grew up watching these as a kid as well and they've been a lot of fun to revisit after so many years.

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
I hope WB releases the Fleischer 17 Superman cartoon shorts soon. They should look as amazing as Popeye !

The previous restorations are also kind of a mess, taking liberties with the opening spiels and the soundtracks to most of the cartoons. We sorely need a Blu-Ray that presents the cartoons as they're supposed to be seen.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon has some of the 1930's Popeye shorts available to purchase in HD? I am curious if this might lead to a potential physical release down the road. Would love to see the Sinbad 2 reeler in HD.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon has some of the 1930's Popeye shorts available to purchase in HD?

I can't find any. How about a link? Most likely these are public domain titles upconverted from crappy SD transfers.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I will have to find that for you as I was at my buddy's house this past weekend and he showed them off to me. They actually looked spectacular and did not look like SD upconversions either.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon has some of the 1930's Popeye shorts available to purchase in HD? I am curious if this might lead to a potential physical release down the road. Would love to see the Sinbad 2 reeler in HD.

Thunderbean Animation / Snappy Video wont say more, just google it you may be happy ;)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Thunderbean Animation / Snappy Video wont say more, just google it you may be happy ;)

I love Thunderbean, and over the years I've bought virtually every one of their releases, both official and “special.” They do not, however, have access to early-generation 35mm film elements of the Fleischer Popeyes, and until those get high-def transfers, the best available versions are in the three Warner Popeye DVD sets covering the years 1933-1943.

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
I think you guys are referring to Boomerang. They put up most of the Fleischer Popeyes in HD, from the sources used on the DVD's.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I think you guys are referring to Boomerang. They put up most of the Fleischer Popeyes in HD, from the sources used on the DVD's.

I know that I am not, cut the cord going on 4 or 5 years now, have internet for info and, because of Amazon and Netflix, but Steve had a special disc he was working on,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks