What's new

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A bit off topic but I recently watched Gerald's Game on Netflix which was directed by the same guy who is making the Doctor Sleep film that's coming out later this year (Mike Flanagan). If GG is anything to go by, we're in for a treat.
Try The Haunting Of Hill House on Netflix to see Flanagan’s true potential. It’s terrifying.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
that's nice about PET SEMATARY's 4K from Paramount. but Robert, what is the deal with Paramount? why so many famous titles left hanging when it comes to Blu-ray restoration and upgrade? THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, ORDINARY PEOPLE, RAGTIME, ROMAN HOLIDAY, MOMMIE DEAREST, DRAGONSLAYER, THE ELEPHANT MAN, ATLANTIC CITY, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, ROMEO & JULIET, PAPER MOON, LADY SINGS THE BLUES, CATCH 22.....and the list goes on. what's going on with one of the great studios? no interest in their great library?

Paramount seemed really invested in catalog 4Ks for a while there but now they've slowed to a crawl.

I'm guessing those catalog 4Ks didn't sell as well as hoped so they're not pushing as hard as they had.

"Pet Sem" is a logical choice due to the new version, but I guess they don't see the same marketing opportunity for the movies you mention...

Bill Fisher

Agent
Real Name
Bill Fisher
Paramount seemed really invested in catalog 4Ks for a while there but now they've slowed to a crawl.

I'm guessing those catalog 4Ks didn't sell as well as hoped so they're not pushing as hard as they had.

"Pet Sem" is a logical choice due to the new version, but I guess they don't see the same marketing opportunity for the movies you mention...
Honestly, the studios don't even try. I assume marketing departments are headed by younger executives that probably haven't even seen these classics. They couldn't care less. Probably pissed that Paramount doesn't have any Marvel franchises they can get excited about. Guess we'll have to wait for Criterion to take on some of these projects, like they did with NASHVILLE--an astonishingly great restoration.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The strong suit of the film is how creepy it is. One weak part of it is I didn’t believe that the couple with the young child would buy a house on a road that had constant traffic and semis speeding by the house.

Depended on if they looked the house over on a day there was no traffic so the realtor could unload the house, so very possible. If it not outside of the realm of possibility for it to happen. Especially when there are houses with things that happen in them that the realtor hide and do not tell the potential buyers.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
Depended on if they looked the house over on a day there was no traffic so the realtor could unload the house, so very possible. If it not outside of the realm of possibility for it to happen. Especially when there are houses with things that happen in them that the realtor hide and do not tell the potential buyers.

I think it's more odd that Louis committed to buying the property before showing his wife and family and that Rachel was ok with him making such a key decision without consulting her.

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
The strong suit of the film is how creepy it is. One weak part of it is I didn’t believe that the couple with the young child would buy a house on a road that had constant traffic and semis speeding by the house.

Don't believe it? In big cities and nearby suburbs, it's happening all over the place. I could understand it if such housing was a lot less expensive, but it tends to be almost as expensive as houses in better locations. When I see all the new developments alongside the Long Island Expressway, where there's heavy traffic 24 hours a day, I think the people who buy those houses are out of their minds. Or, where I live in Queens where $800,000 2-bedroon condos have been built on Queens Blvd., also known as the "highway of death" (maybe there's a movie in that).

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
Saw the new film today. To give them credit, they've done a lot with the concept and made it into a very different beast from the 1989 film and the book. I like what they've done but it's never going to capture my heart like the first film did. The music in particular left me flat compared to the sombre piano melody from the first film.

John Lithgow proved me wrong and did a very good job as Jud Crandall. Can't fault any of the other actors/actresses either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks