What's new

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
For the record, when Criterion releases a disc with an inexcusably poor video transfer, like Children of Paradise or The Earrings of Madame de..., I call those crap too.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I dabble in the classic car world too and restoration means something different to just about everyone. A frame off nut and bolt from top to bottom redo of a car for me is a restoration but for some folks spraying a Maaco resale red paint job and polishing the mag wheels counts as a restoration even if the car is leaking oil all over the place.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else besides me starting to wonder if all of the copies purchased so far are actually the bad encodes? Did anyone purchase a problem-free 'Operation Petticoat' Signature edition yet?

Mark

Reactions: PMF

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
I'm having issues with my FATHER GOOSE disc, which I got from Amazon. Every now and again the picture slows down for a second or two, then is fine. The sound is fine during these episodes, it's just the picture that slows down considerably. Same places every time. One of the sequences this occurs in is in the screen grab from FATHER GOOSE that someone posted above. The picture doesn't break up like it does in the photo, but this is the same scene. Odd.

And unfortunately Amazon is out of stock, so can't return it for replacement.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is anyone else besides me starting to wonder if all of the copies purchased so far are actually the bad encodes? Did anyone purchase a problem-free 'Operation Petticoat' Signature edition yet?

Mark
I haven't watched my discs in their entirety, but i played them during those scenes you noted without any encode issues.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Olive definitely did a re-encode, and replace. No matter what one does, once product is in the marketplace, it’s apt to show up.

Olive is a class act, and will deal with the issue.

Reactions: PMF

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Olive Films emailed me today to let me know my returned copies of 'Operation Petticoat' and 'Father Goose' arrived at their facility and the corrected replacements will ship out today. They supplied me with a USPS tracking number.

I received the prepaid return mailer from Olive on Monday (Dec 11) and mailed it back early Tuesday morning. That's a darn fast turnaround. And the email notice with tracking number is a very nice touch.

Bravo, Olive!

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My replacement copies of 'Operation Petticoat' & 'Father Goose' were delivered yesterday. I haven't checked them for errors yet.

Mark

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the Signature Blu-ray this afternoon. My disc was obviously a corrected one since I saw none of the anomalies pictured above. I never owned the previous Blu-ray, so all I had to go with on this one is the disc I own. While the picture had some problems with soft shots and color variations, I didn't notice any distracting debris. Color sometimes seemed too overbaked.

Anyway, glad to have it in the collection even with a less than stellar transfer. Thankfully, I got it for a very cheap price.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks