What's new

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I noted in the film that "Three In the Attic" was playing at the Pantages. In the brief drive by the box office is to the right side of the theater. Can anyone remember it being in the MIDDLE of the entry way?

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I have very happy memories of seeing "Circus World" and "The Hallelujah Trail" at the Warner Cinerama theater as well as "2001". I know this is off topic. More recently I attended "2001: A Space Odyssey" 50th anniversary showing at the Chinese Theater and took a walk down the boulevard. The Warner Theater, such as it is, is still there.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I noted in the film that "Three In the Attic" was playing at the Pantages. In the brief drive by the box office is to the right side of the theater. Can anyone remember it being in the MIDDLE of the entry way?

Did some photo research and the box-office appears to have moved sometime in the mid-to late 1960s, so side is probably right. Looks like the center thing was positively gone by 1970, but I think it was more like 1967 or thereabouts.

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Did some photo research and the box-office appears to have moved sometime in the mid-to late 1960s, so side is probably right. Looks like the center thing was positively gone by 1970, but I think it was more like 1967 or thereabouts.

More research and here's the real deal - the box-office was moved to the side as part of an extensive makeover in 1960/1961.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
When Sony set up early advance ticket sales with exhibitors, Atmos was one of the stats that we were given for the film. Shortly thereafter, we were told Atmos was not going to be available, and our company removed the Atmos designation from locations that were originally advertised as opening the film in Atmos. That's all I know. Yet when I check the Dolby site of theatrical releases, Hollywood is listed as both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which begs the question - If there was an Atmos mix, why didn't Sony carry it over to the 4K release ? Hell, they even have an Atmos version of Angry Birds 2 available !

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
When Sony set up early advance ticket sales with exhibitors, Atmos was one of the stats that we were given for the film. Shortly thereafter, we were told Atmos was not going to be available, and our company removed the Atmos designation from locations that were originally advertised as opening the film in Atmos. That's all I know. Yet when I check the Dolby site of theatrical releases, Hollywood is listed as both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which begs the question - If there was an Atmos mix, why didn't Sony carry it over to the 4K release ? Hell, they even have an Atmos version of Angry Birds 2 available !

That sounds like SONY. One of my co-workers (at-the-time) was also one of the Assistant Managers at at theater. When Godzilla (1998) opened it was supposed to be the first major release in DTS.

Sony did not have enough discs made (in time?) for opening week and several theaters, including the one he worked at, had advertised the film as being in DTS but it only actually played in Dolby Digital.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Angry Birds 2 is a far shorter film than Once Upon, and the Atmos tracks necessitate their own set of ICC cases, as well as the security personnel to transport them. It all comes down to the number of trucks, drivers, and delivery execs. The additional shipping and delivery costs for Once, were immense.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Image-3-4-20-at-10.31-AM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks