What's new

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
bottom line is this is a fantastic release... consider all the great options. Forget all this grainier, sharper talk, or the never ending 1:66 vs 1:75 argement...it's so minor it makes me want to scream. There's enough here to please everyone except for the sticklers who just have to rain on the parade. Way to go Indicator!!!!
Yeah, what he said.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Comparing the capsaholic screen caps, the Indicator versions look somewhat blurry in comparison to the French BR. The 1.75:1 in particular doesn't look much sharper than a DVD. I don't know know if this difference in sharpness is due to the difference in the prints used for the transfers or what, but I don't think the Indicator release deserves a 5 for image quality.

Well, I'm a stickler for visual detail and sharpness, and the Indicator release looks great to my eyes. I'm with Bruce regarding the unreliability of screen caps.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Note this item can be ordered from Amazon domestic (USA)now which I did Sept 10 ships from England and just received Oct 2. Watched it originally on TCM in early Sept and was smitten.

Prefer the 1.75 long version which has the BFI restoration notice prior to watching.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks