What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Neon Demon -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Danish filmmaker Nicolas Refn's glossy Neon Demon, with Elle Fanning, Jena Malone and Karl Glusman, Bella Heathcote and Abbey Lee, concerns a teenage aspiring fashion model, who arrives in L.A., and because of her innate beauty, gets the jobs, makes enemies, and learns the hard way, that modeling involves certain eating disorders.

Because of its production design, which occasionally had me thinking Blow-Up and THX, and cinematography by Argentinian, Natasha Braier, it's an interesting film to see evolve.

But the reality is that it represents the perfect concept of style over substance.

Those who appreciate the more eclectic form of the horror genre might apply.

Bottom line, is it worth two hours of your time, that you'll never get back.

A definite maybe, even if only for Ms Braier's gorgeous work. This is a Blu-ray that had me wondering if I'd done something incorrect in projection, as the overall look and feel is right up there with the best of 4k HDR.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Personally, I think that Ms. Braier should be up for some awards at the end of the year but this film may be a little too weird and obscure for that to happen. This is one gorgeous looking picture. I mean if you want to watch something beautiful looking in your home theater this is a disc you should reach for.

Yes, it is an odd picture and won't be for everybody. I think if you enjoyed say something like Under the Skin, Tony Scott's The Hunger or Argento's Suspira then this film will work for you. Otherwise, maybe take a pass on this. I really enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks