What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ My Fair Lady (Take Two) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Baraka is in the works like Samsara AFAIK. I thought Cleopatra was scanned in 4K. And we need "West Side Story".

The data from the previous 8k scan of Baraka apparently was discarded and going back and scanning it again for UHD is something that the owners may not want to risk as the financial rewards will probably be slim. I would expect that they release Samsara first and if the sales are good enough go back to Baraka.

Cleopatra was one of the very first 4k scans and it is not up to the current standards of modern 8k scans and the Blu-ray is not exactly a shining example of perfection.
Hopefully Fox will see fit to make Cleopatra the first 70mm movie that they revisit.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
ALL of the aforementioned; no matter the order.
I'd buy each and every one in 4K UHD - DAY ONE - just to support the cause;
despite my not being set up, yet, with a 4K panel, et al.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The 1080p version looks very good but if it comes out on 4K UHD BD I will for sure be adding it to my 4K UHD collection! Robert you did a great job restoring MFL and it looks great!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The 1080p version looks very good but if it comes out on 4K UHD BD I will for sure be adding it to my 4K UHD collection! Robert you did a great job restoring MFL and it looks great!

Kind words always appreciated. Looks four times better in 4k, as the resolution is built in.

Reactions: PMF

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Did MFL ever get a 70mm film print? Was just wondering as if so it would be a great movie to see from 70mm or if not a 4K DCP.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Did MFL ever get a 70mm film print? Was just wondering as if so it would be a great movie to see from 70mm or if not a 4K DCP.

Yes. CBS properly supported their asset, with a new recorded 65mm negative, datasat track, and fully timed answer print.

I don't believe in 70mm projection, except in special circumstances, on proper equipment, and most importantly, with trained projectionists -- reel to reel.

Far too many prints damaged, at too high a cost.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I'm pretty sure Cineplex has projected blu-ray on occasion.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Not even set up yet for 4K. Nonetheless, when a 4K UHD copy of "My Fair Lady" is offered, I fully plan on buying one anyway; just to plain out support this magnificent job, that has never paled nor taken for granted since its 50th Anniversary release.
Genius revealing the work of geniuses past.:cheers:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
For any Amazon Prime members who might be interested, the 50th Anniversary Blu-ray price is only $10.11 today:

https://www.amazon.com/Fair-Lady-Bl...01878004&sr=8-1&keywords=my+fair+lady+blu+ray

Unfortunately it's a Prime exclusive.
Is there actually anyone left at HTF who hasn't seen the 50th Anniversary edition?
No shame if you haven't; but shame if you don't purchase it today, at $10.11
This singular title, restoration and transfer is more of a steal than any of the other July/August sales.
Don't miss out.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I haven't seen it! But I *did* take advantage of my own post and now own the disc. Just have to find the time to screen it. :)

BTW, the price has dropped to $9.96 and it's no longer a Prime exclusive.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks